Monday, March 26, 2012

Airport Win!!!!

This was my first trip to Vegas (4/30 - 5/3). I%26#39;ve always read that you shouldn%26#39;t play airport slots. Well, with 1 hour to wait for my son%26#39;s flight, I couldn%26#39;t just sit there! So I tried some .25 WOF and got some spins, but nothing to put me ahead. Then I moved on to the baggage claim area. Grabbed my bag and wondered around the slots there. i kept trying one here and there just for 5 spins or so. Then finally the dinging started and I had won $225 on a quarter machine! What a great start!!!



Airport Win!!!!


lol congratulations.



Last June I won $250 on the red, white, and blue 7s machine while I was waiting for the plane!



Airport Win!!!!


What a great start! Be sure to post a Trip Report and tell us if your luck continued!





We always donate another $20 each while waiting for our flight to leave - I%26#39;ve never gambled when I first got there, despite them calling my name.




Congrats! We%26#39;ve always had pretty good luck in the airport too; Dh hit for over $200 when we 1st arrived, on our 1st trip!




Brain freeze here....where are there slots by baggage claim? I can%26#39;t remember! Help me!





Thank you - have a beautiful day :-)




u2tuf-



They are pretty much right down those center aisles, the ones onto which you turn left or right when you get off the escalators.




I always like to play $20/40 at the airport giving Vegas one more chance to be my friend. I have won a couple of hundred dollars a few times and smaller amounts now and then.




I couldnt hit anything on the strip last time out, arrived at the airport about $1k down then won $400 at the airport on wheel of fortune. My wife is telliong me that I also hit $126 when I was with her last time at the airport




We tend to have unusually good luck at the Airport.





We play video poker, I have hit 4 deuces on a DW machine there for $250, And the wife has hit 4 A%26#39;s on a double double bonus for $500 , and a Royal for a grand.




I%26#39;ll spare everyone a full trip report. With this being my first trip, I was the usual novice, gawking up at the sights and running into people! (Much to the embarassment of my 26 y.o. son!)





But my most fun was our trip to Downtown, where I came out ahead by $600 playing penny slots at the Golden Gate! That was an accumulation of tickets I cashed out. Then we stopped for dinner at the Peppermill which I LOVED.





I%26#39;m looking forward to next year. I%26#39;ve decided there%26#39;s no reason why I can%26#39;t make this a yearly ';Mom%26#39;s week off';, just to keep me going the rest of the year!!!




I used to drop a twenty or two on video poker at the airport while waiting for departure but not anymore. The last few times I looked, every VP machine in McCarran had 6/5 paytables. I think most everyone else has noticed as well as entire banks of VP machines often go unplayed. They may be the worst paytables in Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment