Friday, March 30, 2012

Allegiant Air makes my life so difficult

I%26#39;ve been waiting for them to open up their fares for December so we could see about getting tickets for the old school mega, and wouldn%26#39;t you know it...they did...but only through Dec. 15! So can get there but can%26#39;t get home, LOL!



Allegiant Air makes my life so difficult


Warmwinds,





They are making my life difficult too. I think they are trying to be kind but their travel advisory from our area reads like they are iffy about flying from our flood area. I think (hope) it is just that they are trying to be flexible for those who can%26#39;t leave their homes because of the flooding.





I want to go to Vegas! I don%26#39;t want to rebook my flight for a later date. Please, please, please fly me to LV Allegiant.



Allegiant Air makes my life so difficult


Shrinkgirl, you have worse problems than mine, hope all is well with all the terrible weather conditions. When were you supposed to be traveling?




June 29th. :-%26gt;




And they%26#39;re talking about canceling THIS far ahead?




I think they fly to Cedar Rapids, IA as well. Terrible situation over there. Their downtown is under about 6 feet of water. Even if the airport is open, I wonder how many locals can make it there in a regular car?



Warm-give it another week or two and they%26#39;ll open it up. Because it%26#39;s around Christmas and Vegas is (relatively) dead around then hopefully they%26#39;ll give you a decent fare. They may also be waiting to see where the oil prices are headed before setting a fare. Be prepared for the worst if that%26#39;s the case!




I am going to give them a call to clarify. You should look at the ';Travel Advisory'; tab on the website. It states that flights from June 12 - August 1 can be changed without additional charge to the customer.





It looks like they mean if you are affected by the flood they understand and will rebook you. It just isn%26#39;t too clear so I am feeling like they may just not fly from those airports. I am flying from Rochester, MN. It really isn%26#39;t affected by the floods even though it is listed.





Cedar Rapids and Des Moines are freakin lakes.




Could Allegiant be giving heads-up that they%26#39;re considering cutting back on their schedules? It may have nothing to do with the midwest flooding. United for instance announced today they%26#39;re cutting back their flights overall by ~10%. Retiring all their 737s (which is what Southwest flies) and 10 of their 747s. Airlines are looking to cut costs by reducing flights, increasing load factors, getting into more of a seller%26#39;s market, and putting the squeeze on the leisure traveller. Due to fuel costs of course. All the majors have announced significant cutbacks in flights (USAir something like a 40% reduction in flights to Vegas alone), more to come.




I do not find a TAB about Travel Advisory on Allegiant. I do use the Bismarck option for selecting the flight calendar. So I%26#39;m thinking it%26#39;s your area.



I checked Cedar Rapids and it showed NO flights in June.





Malebird




I saw the advisories right on the Allegiant home page, before you even click on your own city. It was on the left side, almost below my screen level.




And now today it%26#39;s gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment