Wednesday, April 25, 2012

VRBO.COM for Signature at MGM?

Has anyone used vrbo.com to rent a room at Sig. at MGM. It seems you can save about 25-35%. Any info is appreciated.

VRBO.COM for Signature at MGM?

Used them in Feb and it was a very positive experience. Some owners are not too good in keeping their availablility calendar up to date. I probably emailed 6-8 owners for price quotes and most were very prompt in getting back to me.

Make sure you ask the specifics of what%26#39;s included, some include housekeeping and some do not (you can request as needed for $30-45). Some include the $15 daily resort fee, others you pay the Signature daily. Some will charge a cleaning fee for checkout, some include the sales tax in their quote, etc. My only extra was a $25 administrative fee to the Signature. Make sure it%26#39;s an apples to apples comparison.

My 1st experience with renting directly from and owner, I easily saved 30% or more, and would do it again absolutely.

VRBO.COM for Signature at MGM?

I just booked a sig room at vrbo.com with a strip view. But be careful because you have to trust the owner. They charge large cleaning fees, checkout fees, and resort fees. So you might be paying more than you hoped for.


I would contact renters with current experience. Some owners have not been honoring reservations - not sure how they are handling this.

Ask the owner upfront if they are selling.

We recently bought a unit without accepting the current reservations - the owner had at least 6 reservations over the next few months.

Hopefully those people were able to make other arrangements.

I would try to negotiate price. So many units available you should be able to get one.

I use VRBO many places - rarely have an issue.


Good heads-up on the potential that the owner has their unit up for sale. I know I recently saw a listing of resales for Signature and I believe there were 150+ on that website alone. I believe each tower has approximately 600 units? A lot on the resale market in any case.

Which brings up a point I forgot to mention, the owners deposit and refund policies vary big time. Make sure to ask the owner.

With my owner I signed a mini-lease for the 5 day rental so it seemed pretty iron-clad, but I%26#39;m not an lawyer. The same day I transferred a small deposit to the owner they sent me a confirmation from the Signature. In any event as long as the owner refunds my money, due to a sale of their property, the availability of the units appears high so shouldn%26#39;t be too much problem to make other arrangements.


Just got back a few weeks ago from a 1 week stay at the Signature. Rented using VRBO - #149909; 34th floor, strip view, third building. No problems. Saved over $400.


Going in October and booked through owner with VRBO.

Very good price including cleaning.

I liked the fact that price was the same each day whether weekend or not which I know can be quite a difference at strip hotels.

I also like the fact that you can pick which tower and which room you want.

Your price saving estimates are about right.


I have used vrbo 3 times for the Signature, each a different suite, and each time had an excellent experience. As others suggest, ask lots of questions.


I am staying at Signature next week for 3 weeks after booking on VRBO.

After looking at the calendars, I found all owners who had availability during the time I wanted to stay, and sent each of them a message detailing what I was looking for and the EXACT price I wanted to pay.

Not 15 minutes after I sent the message, 2 owners contacted me and said they had a vacancy. One subsequently tried to ask for more money, so I went with the 2nd owner, and she has been fantastic.


I recently booked from a private owner on ebay. Item # 170219907110

He has been very pleasant to deal with and the price including all taxes and fees was 35% lower than the Signature price or expedia.

It will be our first stay there but it looks awesome.

  • What comes in a duvet set
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment