Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fontana Bar

I hate to be difficult, but has it occured to anyone besides me that, considering the plurality of Vegas visitors come from Southern California, that an upscale hotel like Bellagio would not want to name a bar after one of the most dangerous, most made fun of cities in Southern California? Maybe my doing business in CA is clouding my judgment. All is know is I%26#39;ve heard statistics on how many Californians go to Vegas, and I run into people from the IE (near Fontana) everytime I%26#39;m at a table there.



Fontana Bar


the bar was not named after a city in CA.



Pure coincidence they share the name



obviously sharing the name hasn%26#39;t hurt the B



many visitors are clueless as to what you are referring



Fontana Bar


I know to most people not aware of CA, it sounds nice, and that it certainly wasn%26#39;t named after the run-down city. Just a thought.




Well since I am born and raised in California, have spent 60 years traversing it%26#39;s territory and I have never even given thought to your take vis%26#39; a vis Fontana, I%26#39;d forget it.




';many visitors are clueless as to what you are referring';





That would be me.





Where in the Bellagio is this place? I don%26#39;t think it was there when I was there(late Sept07). Weren%26#39;t they closed down? When I was researching on this site back then, there was talk of it closing doors, unsure if it would be back.





Enough people talk about it on here that I think DH and I should stop in for a drink. Do they have good eats?




I%26#39;m sure it was named after the Italian word for ';fountains';.




Never heard of Fontana, CA.




Several years back they used to have live music at night, but the last time we were there it looked to have a poker tournament. Not sure if they ever had food. All that of course if it%26#39;s the same bar I%26#39;m thinking of.







T




I%26#39;ve always hated using light bulbs because of the ';watts'; reference but....





But seriously, I will echo Warmwinds. Fontana is Italian for Fountain.





This is from the Fontana Bar page on the Bellagio website:





Shake things up at the Fontana Bar %26amp; Lounge



all night long.





Every guest to Bellagio must witness our spectacular dancing waters that come to life on our 8-acre lake. And the place to take in this multi-sensory spectacle is the Fontana Bar. Whether inside the Bar itself or out on the patio, you鈥檒l be in awe of this aquatic escapade that erupts through the day and evening.




Really, they could have named it ';Watts'; or ';Compton'; :)




To those who do not know Fontana California. You know you are getting close when you can smell the meth labs cooking. Apologies (sort of) to residents.


  • ink cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment