Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Disappointed with Legends in Concert at IP

I saw the Legends in Concert show this past weekend. Perfomers were Jay Leno (good), Blues Brothers (Very Good), Dusty Sprngfield (I%26#39;m not a fan, but good show), Jant Jackson (ok), and Elvis (Bad).



I was very dissapointed with their ';Elvis';. He had a descent voice, but no ';hip'; action. Very stiff, not convincing what so ever. I was looking forward to Elvis, but what a horrible way to close a show.



I did see Big Elvis at Bills and though he was great. Also seen the American Superstars Elvis about a year ago and thought he was also great, but not the Elvis at the Imperial Palace show.



Anyone else feel the same?



Disappointed with Legends in Concert at IP


I%26#39;ve already decided not to see this show based on what I%26#39;ve been reading. To me, Jay Leno and Dusty Springfield are not ';Legends'; of anything. I do a mean Kermit the Frog, do they want to hire me? :)



Disappointed with Legends in Concert at IP


We saw Legends in January and overall, it was a good show. Ray Charles (great!), Bette Midler (great), Elvis (good plus), Supremes (so so) ,and Tom Jones (no!). I wonder if this Elvis was the same as yours??



Mrs. G




Dusty Springfield? You%26#39;re kidding, right? I liked her music when I was in high school but I really couldn%26#39;t have picked her out of a crowd (then or now) - I can%26#39;t believe she%26#39;d be in a tribute show.




I saw the show years ago with my parents as we stayed at the hotel and got comp tickets. For me it was just meh, but my parents loved it. Not sure if i would pay $40+ regular admission price for that show though






I know in the past they%26#39;ve used very good Elvis impersonators. I saw 2 differnet Elvis%26#39; as Dealertainers in April, on two different nights, one was 68 Special Elvis and one was 70%26#39;s Fat ELvis, neither were great. I don%26#39;t know if they would be used as fill-in or permanent staff for Legends.





The ';Legends'; in ';Legends in Concert'; really just means ';Impersonators in Concert';. I%26#39;m acquainted with a young man hom lived in Vegas for awhile and was offered the job of Enrique Iglesias (sp?) Impersonator there, so that is how recent into the musical well they are willing to go.





Elvis should always be the highlight of the show though! Bummer!




Yeah, I honestly had never heard of Dusy Springfield until the show. The two retired Floridans sitting next to me seem to really enjoy her.




I%26#39;m from UK and cannot believe what people are saying about Dusty Springfield, she was one of the Best female vocalists of all time..





The girl doing %26#39;her%26#39; won a UK talent show to represent Dusty in vegas and she does an excellent job.





If anyone is in any doubt about how good Dusty could be listen to her singing %26#39;All I see is you%26#39; from any of her hits collection CD. I guarantee you will become a fan...




I was a HUGE fan of her music...';you don%26#39;t have to say you love me...'; what I said was I was surprised she was in a tribute show because they usually pick entertainers with a recognizable physical presence (Elvis, Michael Jackson, Barbra, Aretha) as WELL as a good voice.





I%26#39;m not sure I agree she%26#39;s one of the best of all time but that%26#39;s ok...


  • ink cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment