Sunday, April 15, 2012

teppanyaki

Anyone have any good recommendations for Teppanyaki in Vegas. We had always gone to Shintaro when in Vegas (even had a favorite chef) but it is gone now soon to be replaced by Yellowtail sometime this summer (but sounds like it is more sushi/Japanese).



We have a group and would love if someone had a ';must do'; Teppanyaki style recommendation!



Thanks.



teppanyaki


Ok, sorry for the ignorance, but had to look up Teppanyaki. To me, thats Benihana. LOL.





I guess you can always go to the Benihana at the Hilton, but guess for Teppanyaki connoisseurs thats probably the last place they consider to visit.



teppanyaki


no Benihana for us - but thanks for your effort!



The one that was in Bellagio did Kobe beef etc. - very fun and more ';fine dining'; than a benihana.




Will you have a rental? My #1 recommendation is Hamada of Japan, it is off-strip, fairly close to the Hard Rock and Terrible%26#39;s. To be clear they have two other locations, but this one on Flamingo, this one is called the ';original location%26#39;- is my all time favorite. Great service. Also the one inside Rio (called Hamada%26#39;s Asiana) is good as well. It is little pricier than the one at the original location, but it%26#39;s inside a hotel, not free standing, so I guess that makes sense.





The ones on the strip- I like Hyakumi in Caesar%26#39;s, although it is more $$$, the portion is big, I always split it with someone. Also, Mizuno%26#39;s in Tropicana is pretty good. I find it more %26#39;entertaining%26#39; (like Benihana style) than others I have mentioned, but I usually take taste over the performance.. that%26#39;s just me.





I have some others I would like to list but they%26#39;re all off-strip and not close to any hotels.




we will have a car - our friends are driving in from San Diego.



Thanks for the recommendations - and let me know about the other ones ';off strip';.




oh sorry I just noticed your second post. I didn%26#39;t know which direction to go, if you want refined rather than casual, then Hyakumi is the best. I have tried both courses (meat/ seafood) and they%26#39;re both wonderful. (You can add Kobe beef for extra$).




We went to Shibuya at MGM for the 1st time in April and were quite pleased. Here is an excerpt from our trip report that included that dinner:



At Shibuya we were led to the Teppanyaki section, which had 3 grill tables seating 10 each, and one larger table for groups. Our table only had a couple of ladies who were just finishing their meal. So we thought that we might have to wait for a few more guests to be seated. But our order was taken right away, and a chef came over and started cooking just for the 2 of us. It wasn鈥檛 showy, but the presentation was nice, and the chef personable. I had the Prawns and my wife had the Filet %26amp; Prawns, we had sides of Chicken Fried Rice %26amp; Shrimp Fried Rice. Dinner also included an appetizer, soup and salad, and a very nice dessert trio. With 2 Iced Teas the total was $159.



Dinner probably should have taken around an hour, but we actually stayed an extra 20 minutes or so. Others had joined our table and conversations ensued. Three people on the other side of our table ordered Lobster. So the live Lobsters were brought to the table for their approval. We are not lobster lovers, but according to the others at our table the best way to prepare lobster is to grill them alive. Instead of boiling them first and then putting them on the grill. Shibuya follows the preferred method, and this my wife wanted to see.



So we tarried over our dessert and watched the chef prepare dinner for the others.



I might add that dessert was a trio and much nicer than we were expecting.



We are by no means experts at this type of dining, but I would certainly recommend Shibuya.

No comments:

Post a Comment