Sunday, April 15, 2012

Want to check I understand the room booking thing...

Ok so I have reserved 22 flights to Vegas with Virgin for April next year for people flying out for our wedding.





Am I correct that I can book rooms at the Mirage and at the Wynn and that I can keep checking the rates and if they go down they have to honour them for me?





Am I also correct that if I decide to go with the Mirage that Wynn will not charge me anything, I can just say I don%26#39;t want the rooms anymore?





It doesn%26#39;t work like this in the UK so I wanted to make sure I wasn%26#39;t going to end up with 20 hotel rooms that I had to pay for!!





Thank you!



Want to check I understand the room booking thing...


I will bow to more experienced posters on here, but thats pretty much the case I reckon.





But dont you need to pay a deposit ? That may not be returnable.



Want to check I understand the room booking thing...


Sounds right, but this event is way too important to rely on our info here. Call them to make sure, and ask for an email for confirmation.




Make sure you don%26#39;t book a special promotional rate that can%26#39;t be modified or cancelled. Having said that I very much doubt that any of these would be available so far in advance anyway.





Yes, if rates come down call the hotel and they%26#39;ll honor the new lower rates and adjust your reservation accordingly.





You%26#39;ll have to pay a deposit for each room which is normally the first night%26#39;s rate plus tax. If the rate was $100 for that night your deposit would cost $109 per room. This is fully refundable providing you cancel before the deadline in the hotel%26#39;s terms and conditions - normally 48-72 hours before scheduled check-in.





All of the above applies to regular reservations. Be aware that if you%26#39;re dealing with the hotel%26#39;s group reservations department (something I%26#39;ve no real experience of) and getting a special rate then it%26#39;s possible that different terms and conditions will apply.




Yes, thats the case. If they go down on the internet you can call them, give them your group number, and have the rates adjusted. I would confirm their policies as they can easily change. Your rooms just get released to public if theyre unused 30 days prior to the event (again...confirm) I had done this at the Wynn and at MGM Grand and for my airline. :)




Yes, you can rebook. However, I haven%26#39;t heard of anyone doing it for 20 rooms before. Some hotels will work with you for a reservation that size. I would try using your buying power to lock down a good rate now so you can spend your time later on something better.




for sure...u just need to check every 2 or 3 weeks on line...takes 60 sec? there are more other important things to plan :)





Good Luck...Im excited for you




One small thing to keep in mind is the exchange rate. When I cancelled a reservation, I did get my deposit refunded - but because rates had fluctuated, I did not get the full amount back (off by just a few $$)




Since there are so many of you, I%26#39;d call the hotels and ask for the groups and meetings dept. They%26#39;ll usually give you a better deal if you have 10+ rooms. Maybe throw in some extras.




Thank you all so much! There are some great ideas there, I will contact group reservations and see what I can get, thank you again!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment