Thursday, April 19, 2012

Why did you make your first vegas trip

For us, we were planning our wedding and needed to chose a honeymoon location in October. Florida was out (inlaws) Michigan was out (inlaws) We%26#39;d been to Cape Cod(very lovely, but...) and I saw an article in Elle Decor magazine about Vegas. And my Vegas addiction was started....We%26#39;re planning our 3rd trip.



Why did you make your first vegas trip


went for a convention in 1995 - ended up staying three extra days and that was the start of the annual trip.....



Why did you make your first vegas trip


Neat question!!!





My boyfriend (now DH) and I had put down a deposit to take a cruise with some friends of ours who were getting married. They invited the whole wedding party to go on the cruise with them for their honeymoon. I had to wait for my tax returns to pay for my share and they never came. I waited for another month and still no money. I finally got ahold of someone at the IRS with a pulse, and they informed me that I wouldn%26#39;t be getting my return in time to pay for the cruise because my then 4 year old daughter didn%26#39;t exist. Apparently, her social security card had been printed incorrectly so I had been using the wrong social for her since she was born!!!!! YIKES!!!





Anyway, we had a non-refundable deposit at the travel agncy and decided that we were going somewhere, and the deposit covered a trip to Vegas. And so our addiction was born.....




I went with my husband to a convention, was about 25 or so years ago and here I am over 50 trips to Vegas later!




Let%26#39;s just say it was way before ';Elle Decor'; magazine. Thorp%26#39;s ';Beat the Dealer'; being the main impetus. And no speed limits at the time.




Early %26#39;70s with my first serious boyfriend, as part of a longer trip. We stopped in Vegas for one night on the way back home to California.





Stayed at The Gables, a one-story motel east of Downtown on Fremont St. We actually walked from The Gables to Downtown. My boyfriend at the time looked rough enough to scare off any muggers so we were never accosted. It was kind of a dicey area even at that point in time. I wouldn%26#39;t stay there now on a bet.





Had a blast on the nickel slots, although my right arm got really tired after a couple of hours and my hands were black from handling nickels. Was wowed by the free drinks, although I was too dumb to know to tip and didn%26#39;t get many more after the first one, lol.




I couldn%26#39;t wait until i turned 21 so i could go to Vegas. My uncle was a dealer out there back in the day and used to tell me some great stories and bring me some cool things.




We joined a ';Vegas'; bowling league and at the end of the season a trip to Vegas was our ';prize';, ever since that first yr. we have returned annually and look forward to it every yr., we arrive for this years trip in 12 days!!!




My now husband was on holiday with his frineds. He proposed to me from a phone box in Circus Circus after a nights gambling - he called to say he%26#39;d won the money for an engagement ring and as soon as he got back to the UK we were going to buy it!! True to his word the day he arrived back he went and bought me my ring and we got engaged that day!! 6 months after we got married we went to Vegas for my first time for Christmas %26amp; New Year. I saw the phone box where he propesed and we also re-newed our wedding vows with Elvis!! It was a busy 10 days. lol




For our 30th wedding anniversary 2 years ago. This will be our 5th trip in July....we caught the fever pretty quickly!





Maria




My Mum had been once a year for years with my Aunt, we all used to roll our eyes ';not Vegas again'; their reply ';it might be our last time';.





In 2004 they had a trip booked but my Aunt had a really bad stroke, my Mum asked me to come and I agreed because she was really upset and I thought it might cheer her up. After 1 day I was hooked and now having just booked my 4th trip in 4 years (with my Mum) everyone rolls their eyes at me ';not Vegas again....!';





Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment