Thursday, April 19, 2012

Special but not fancy dinner?

My husband and I are coming to Las Vegas on the end of a trip in a few weeks. I am looking for a special place to have our last dinner. We are not fancy people, we enjoy good steaks and good seafood. I am looking to not spend more than maybe $150-$160 total including appetizer and drinks. I have looked and marked Isla Mexican Kitchen,Mon Ami Gabi,Joe%26#39;s seafood,prime rib, and stone crab, as well as Emrils Fish house.

I am up for more suggestions!! I am soooo tired of scanning pages for ideas! Thank you!!

Also, I would like something with a nice view or fun surroundings. Something fun and special to remember for our last night there.

Special but not fancy dinner?

Sounds like Voodoo Steak at the Rio is your place - great view, good steaks and a pretty decent price for the atmosphere. Also, you get admission to the club with both an excellent DJ and band - and a great view. Its very fun - you can%26#39;t lose. (well, I guess its Vegas, you can always lose, but not here)

Have fun!

Special but not fancy dinner?

Good view, fun, great food....going to have to think on that one! The good food and not too fancy parts aren%26#39;t so hard, it%26#39;s combining those with the view and fun that is hard! I was going to say either Emeril%26#39;s or Joe%26#39;s would work til the view and fun came into play! Voodoo might be the best choice, but there are so many other places with better food, that%26#39;s not to say the food is bad there, though!


I would stay away from Emril%26#39;s. We went there a couple months ago. The food was bland! What a disappointment especially with his BAM! and %26#39;Take it up a notch!%26#39; trademark. My girlfriend actually had to add salt and pepper to her fish because of no taste. Not worth the money. Thank goodness I did not book it for her birthday.

What I did book was Olives at the Bellagio. Superb dinner and in your price range. Try to get a table on the patio overlooking the Fountains. Fantastic!


Keep em coming!!


man,. bc toronto and i are on the same page.

olives%26#39; at bellagio was going to be my recommendation. you can watch the fountains and great atmosphere, friendly staff good food and not too pricey....

emerils - best steak i ever had, but the shrimp was so bland i couldn%26#39;t believe it! from the BAM man himself!

i mean here in maryland, we dump old bay on all seafood, and even that would have made the shrimp 10 times better. my husband used to tease me b/c i would carry old bay in my purse when we went out of state for ';emergencies'; such as this....

and, joe%26#39;s stone crab is the best best best!

if he likes steaks and good seafood go here.

the shrimp scampi is amazing, the steaks are too, stone crabs are great, hashbrowns to die for. just typing about them makes my stomach growl!


Thats funny joeybagz312, I had the steak with the lobster sauce as well and I have to admit it was great. The Jambaliya(sp?) and the fish was what was bland.


Thanks so much! I went ahead and booked for Olives it looked so fun! I booked for almost 2 weeks from now and already the prime dinner times were scarce (6-9pm). Thanks for the help!!


Yes, Yoo-Doo%26#39;s is the place for you!


Hugos Cellar. Always good says me. DT and very low key.


Funny about Emerils -- I%26#39;ve been 2xs now, and the first time it was just out of this world -- so good -- but the last time, in April %26#39;08, it was bland and disappointing. I don%26#39;t know if it%26#39;s going down hill, or just not consistent.

  • cars for sale11
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment