Saturday, April 21, 2012

A dilemma....

My flight times have been changed on one leg of my flight. Not a big deal, but it reduced our possibly do-able 38 minute layover at JFK to a near impossible 20 minutes! Our first flight would land at 7:40 am and the next would leave at 8! Unless the gates are right next to each other (yeah....sure) and they hold the plane for us, I really don%26#39;t see us making the flight. The next flight to Vegas on that airline (Delta) leaves at 11:45 am woth a 3 hour layover in Atlanta. YUCK!

My plan is to show up to the first airport early and plead our case to see if they will switch us to a slightly earlier flight with a 90 minute layover in Cincincati. I booked my tickets through Cheaptickets, so I don%26#39;t have much hope of being able to do anything about it ahead of time besides re-booking for a MUCH more expensive flight.

So what would you do? Do you think they will help at the first airport or do you think they will make us miss the connection before they will re-route us?

A dilemma....

I%26#39;m not an expert, but don%26#39;t the airlines give you the ';option'; to accept their change? Maybe you could call now and ask them about changing to the other flight since they made the time change. Good luck.

A dilemma....

Hey Steph....Ducky son just went through this scenario yesterday (he was going overseas via JFK), and he was told nothing could be done to change the flights and they wouldn%26#39;t hold the plane for one person..he would have had to wait until Sun to leave if he didn%26#39;t make his 30 min connection!!!

Well his flight from JFK was delayed about 90 minutes so he made it. whew!

I did ask when he checked in at the desk in KC why the airline sold segments with such short connections (he booked it to get the lowest fare).

I was told it happened all the time and the desk staff scratched their heads in disbelief every time they saw those impossible connections!


I didn%26#39;t book through the airline directly, so I don%26#39;t know....I guess I can give it a try!


I wonder if they would hold the plane for 3 people? Hmmm....I sure hope they can re-route us from JFK to get us to Vegas earlier than the Atlanta flight.


It never hurts to politely ask for help, smile and bat your eyelashes, or even get teary eyed :)


The good news is that my DH and my mom are both adventursome spirits and will not fuss about missing a connection. ;)


good luck steph124!


Steph, go early and see if you can get that earlier flight out, nothing ventured, nothing gained, you know! Also, make sure they are aware that it was the airline that changed flight times and not you booking connecting flights with almost no turnaround time that has caused you this problem. If there are seats available for the earlier flight and the connecting one in Cincy, you just might get lucky!

Good luck!

  • white hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment