Sunday, April 15, 2012

Need inexpensive airfare for 08-08-08

I posted this before and didn%26#39;t get many answers!



Help me!!!



Anyone have any good tips for cheap airfare and/or hotel when going alone? I am going for a wedding, just for a few days on 8/8/08 and it seems to be very expensive then. My friends are staying at Harrahs, so I would like to stay near there, but it really doesn%26#39;t matter.



Thanks!



Need inexpensive airfare for 08-08-08


Airfare from where? You give your location as Michigan but a little more specific would be useful.





Roughly what do you want to spend per night on a room? ';Very expensive'; means different things to different people. Do you have to be there actually on 8/8? I appreciate that as a wedding%26#39;s involved the answer may be yes, but I ask because that%26#39;s a Friday and it doesn%26#39;t help your budget at all being in Vegas over a weekend.







Need inexpensive airfare for 08-08-08


Assuming you want to fly out of DTW (like me)....





check out usairwayvacations.com.





Also, sign up for Spirit%26#39;s $9 club. I got airfare for July for $188 round trip, by doing so. Same airfare was around $400 when not signed up for $9 club.





Also, check out NWA.com




www.kayak.com will pull up all airlines and flights to/from Vegas so you can comparison shop. If you find flights that will work for you, when you click in the appropriate place it will take you to the airline%26#39;s website where you can book. You can also comparison shop for flights via orbitz or Expedia.




Anything having to do with 8-8-08 is going to be very expensive, seeing that Las Vegas is a town that bills itself as a town of luck, and a lot of ';luck'; is based on superstition, and numbers like 8-8-08 bring out loads of people who hang on to ideas of luck and superstition. 7-7-07 this past year was equally expensive and 9-9-09 will be the same way as well.





I presume that%26#39;s the reasoning behind the dating of the wedding you%26#39;ll be attending as well.





I hate to break it to you, but I doubt you will be finding a super cheap hotel stay in Vegas over that period of time. Las Vegas takes advantage of every occasion they can by hiking rates up. They know people will pay through the nose to be there on 8-8-08.




I 2nd recommending Kayak.com best site ever!




Sorry for being so vague! Flying out of DTW, I need to be there on 8-8-08 for a wedding, so I have been looking at 8-6 to 8-9 as the cheapest, but that is an expensive weekend to go there!




Try sidestep.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment