Friday, April 13, 2012

Some restaurants picked, input sought.

Going to Vegas with my wife in July.

4 nights at Paris. Seen most shows so this time it is Wayne Brady and Stomp ($30 off each $99 ticket at Travelzoo if you are interested)

Have some restaurants penciled in.

Day 1: Lunch Sensi, Dinner Todai.

Day 2: Lunch Eiffel Tower, Dinner Valentino%26#39;s

Day 3: Lunch Bouchon, Dinner?

Day 4: ?

One question is would I find Bouchon too reminiscent of the Eiffel Tower.

Next is which restaurants should we end with on day 3/4? Thinking about Koi vs Okada and Alize vs Picasso. We could go steakhouse on either 3 or 4 which for us these days means Prime or Craftsteak.

Any input welcomed.

Thank you.

Some restaurants picked, input sought.

Bouchon for lunch? Have you checked the times? Last time I dined it was not open for lunch. A GREAT restaurant - breakfast is fab, dinner one of our favs

If you have transpo try Rosemary%26#39;s

ET can be skipped, we think it is overpriced for the food

Alize good, Alex good, Joel R if your budget allows

Some restaurants picked, input sought.

I was not happy with the food at Eiffel Tower the few times I have eaten there. The food wasn%26#39;t horrible- just O.K. and I don%26#39;t want to settle for just O.K. food.

Alize is terrific. The food, service and ambience can%26#39;t be beat. And the view is great. It is one of my favorite restaurants in Vegas. I have never had a bad meal there.


Sounds like you%26#39;ve chosen some excellent restaurants. What about Olives on day 4 for lunch?

If you are there on a Sunday, Bouchon has a wonderful brunch. Enjoyed their brunch even more than their dinner, but both are great.

How about checking out Emeril%26#39;s new Table 10 in the Palazzo? That%26#39;s on my list to try, as well as B%26amp;B Ristorante (Chef Batali%26#39;s new restaurant) at the Venetian.

We ate at Alize for our anniversary in January. A wonderful meal.


Thank you for the informative postings thus far.

Eiffel Tower was a default pick because they are open for lunch; we are staying there; and we have been to MAG a few times.

Bouchon is actually planned for breakfast as it is meant to fortify me before heading over to the Fashion Show Mall.

However, reading the replies thus far (and more importantly discussing with my wife her schedule and preferences) version 1.1 now reads:

Day 1: Dim Sum Noodles, Dinner Todai

Day 2: Breakfast Bouchon, Dinner Valentino%26#39;s

Day 3: Lunch Sensi Dinner Koi.

Day 4: Lunch ? Dinner Alize.

Any other opinions are always welcome. I will endeavour to complete a TR upon my return.

With appreciation....


OK. A couple of suggestions for your missing lunch: Country Club Grill at Wynn. An outstanding though somewhat small lunch menu, and a very relaxing view of the Wynn golf course.

Border Grill at Mandalay Bay. Many light Mexican items and an outside table with a view of the MB lazy river area.


I too am a big fan of Border Grill for lunch. It get a really loud bar scene at night, but is a great lunch venue.

I have been to ET at Paris twice for dinner. One meal was possibly the best I have ever had. The next time it was just good. I wonder if it simply exceeded my expectations the first time, but then didn%26#39;t live up to the inflated expectations the second time.

I will say that it%26#39;s saving grace is it%26#39;s pedigree. Lettuce Entertain You (the operators) are behind such places as Joe%26#39;s Stone Crab (Vegas and Chicago- Miami is independent), and Everest in Chicago. It is actually Everest in Chicago from which they got Chef Joho to ramp things up. all I%26#39;m saying is this is not your typical restaurant-with-a-view, where they charge for the view and simply go through the motions with the food.

Oh internal dilemma!


I would definitely try Alize, you will love it. If you want steak and beautiful surroundings, then eat at Prime, it%26#39;s fabulous.


Personally i wouldn%26#39;t bother with the ET. The food was mediocre for the price. Best thing about the place was the view. Much prefered Mon Ami Gabi.

Friends said Restaurant at the Top of the World (Stratosphere) was enjoyable.


I%26#39;d give STRONG consideration to Okada. It%26#39;s one of my favorite - if not THE favorite - restaurant in Vegas.

Also, as far as steakhouses go and if you are considering Prime v. Craftsteak (I%26#39;ve been to both), go with Prime. Better setting, better service, and better food.

I%26#39;d echo the poster who said The Country Club for lunch - awesome.


. . . and FWIW, here are reviews of Prime, Okada and the Country Club from my April trip:

…blogspot.com/2008/05/april-2008-trip-report…

Whatever you end up choosing will be great - you%26#39;re in Vegas!

  • good property for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment