Thursday, April 19, 2012

which show??

we are so confused about which show to go and see. we are leaving on saturday and want to get one booked before we leave or should we wait until we arrive? we have only 4 days in vegas and want to fit as much as possible in. have it kind of narrowed down to a choice of two. love or phantom? any advice gratefully appreciated!!so confused



which show??


Out of the two- I would definitely choose Love. It is a fabulous show. You should go to the Mirage website to see if there are any tickets still available- they sometimes sell out weeks in advance. The cheaper tickets are just fine-the theater is small and in the round. I loved that show!



which show??


Totally agree with vp. Not only is LOVE an amazing show but it%26#39;s uniquely Vegas. Phantom is supposedly very good (I%26#39;ll be seeing it in a few weeks) but you can catch another production elsewhere should you not see it in LV.




Blagger, I wasn%26#39;t going to see Phantom, but while talking to the ticket person at the V, he mentioned that Webber had seen the show the week before we were in town. Webber mentioned that it was so good that he didn%26#39;t care if he ever saw it in NY again...so, we saw it and it is truly amazing with the visuals. It is a little shorter than it was on Broadway, but, I couldn%26#39;t tell what was cut.




I agree with the above posters - I%26#39;ve seen Phantom elsewhere, it%26#39;s a fantastic play, and the Vegas version is supposed to be even better - but Love is a truly unique, spectacular Vegas-only show, not to be missed in my opinion. So if you can only see one, I would highly recommend going with Love!




I agree that LOVE is unique and wonderful, but Phantom is not your regular, run of the mill, Phantom, either. I%26#39;ve seen it on Broadway and, again, when it toured at the Bass Theatre in Fort Worth. I enjoyed the Las Vegas version much more. I%26#39;ve seen it there three times. Loved it each time. (I end up taking people to see it who haven%26#39;t seen it.) The theatre is totally unique for the play and even plays into the action of the show more directly than the original. I thought the full length versions were a bit draggy in places, but the one in Las Vegas moves right along, and the music is just as lovely as the full length version. Sooooo, you can%26#39;t go wrong either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment