Thursday, April 19, 2012

2 nights at Mirage or 4 at Harrah's?

I am going to Las Vegas for a convention and my company is offering a two night, two and a half day stay at the Mirage or I can stay longer if I pay the difference. For about $100 more I can get in the day before, and leave a full day later 鈥?effectively giving me an additional full 36 hours in Vegas but to keep costs down I would move across the street to Harrah鈥檚. The Convention is at the Venetian (might be the Sands convention, but I think it actually is Venetian proper). This will be in August.



I have been to Vegas many times and LOVE it. My question is simple 鈥?if you had to work a convention (not as an attendee, as a vendor) for two and a half days, would you add a day and a half for $100 if you had to move from the Mirage to Harrah鈥檚? Anyone stay at Harrah鈥檚 recently? I know if using the parking garage from the V to Harrah鈥檚 it鈥檚 about 15 minute walk, which I am OK with.



TIA



2 nights at Mirage or 4 at Harrah's?


For $100 I would add 36 hours, though it might end up costing me more like $1100 by the time Im done. Ive never stayed at the Mirage, but I really like Harrahs.



2 nights at Mirage or 4 at Harrah's?


I%26#39;ve been a vender at the convention before, and all I can say is that checking out at 11am and then walk to another hotel, only to check in around 2-3pm, would be the last thing you%26#39;d want to do after long hours working at the convention. I know you said you wouldn%26#39;t mind the walk, so the question is, would you be comfortable killing the time in between 11am-3pm (sometimes they have the rooms available earlier than that, but other times not)? For me, all I could think of during the convention was to go straight back to the hotel and jump in a hot tub and relax, have a nice cold beer.. Also the pools at Mirage are far better than the one at Harrah%26#39;s, if it applies to you. Just my opinion.




Harrah%26#39;s is very nice %26amp; have renovated rooms, great CW service for free drinks, great nightlife %26amp; vibe. To make it convenient I would stay at Harrah%26#39;s %26amp; save the money %26amp; use it for other things. We like staying at Harrah%26#39;s %26amp; have no complaints, customer service %26amp; staff is great %26amp; very comfy beds.




has Harrah%26#39;s ever remodeled their pool?




Do you happen to have a players card at mgm or a total rewards card? call the clubs and see what price you would get. I would guess you might get better price for one additional day at the mirage.




I%26#39;d take 4 nights in Vegas to two any day!




I would take the extra days so I could play when I was done working!




Just to clarify I would stay all four nights at Harrah%26#39;s, no checking in and out.



Thanks!




echolynchg - I%26#39;d definitely go with Harrah%26#39;s and the extra time. You wouldn%26#39;t be able to take advantage of the Mirage pool anyway if you are going to be manning a booth at a convention all day.





pruske25 agrees also :)




Well you LOVE the place...I%26#39;d do it for the extra ti me there...

No comments:

Post a Comment