Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's been two years

We leave for Vegas on Saturday. It has been a long two years since we%26#39;ve visited. Vegas is always growing and changing. What should we be sure to see? Where should we be sure to go? We%26#39;ve been to Vegas about 10 times. Can%26#39;t wait to get there.





Background info: We are a bunch of 40 year olds who love to drink, party, and gamble.



It's been two years


Great post, I go back 5/09 which will be about 2 years since last time. We are also in our 40%26#39;s.





I have been to Vegas about 9 times.



We are getting married 5/5/09 in Vegas, can%26#39;t wait.





Hope you have a great time.



It's been two years


Well, you are definitely going to the right place! Have a great time.....




That is great. Hope you have a great time. Your backgroung matches mine... I%26#39;m going ( a bunch of 40 year olds who want to drink, gamble and party) in October. It will be 2.5 years since we were last there. Where are you staying. Hope you win another back soon.




it hasn%26#39;t changed too much in the last 2 years. for the new hotels, i%26#39;d say check our the wynn (was it there 2 years ago, time goes so fast), planet hollywood, and the palazzo.





the biggest change would probably be the shows. so just check out vegas.com for an idea of whats playing. but since you%26#39;re been there 10 times already you pretty much already know what to do to have a good time.




2 THINGS have changed







1. Increased competition for your money





2. Decreased customer service




We%26#39;re staying at the Mirage. We had breakfast at the Wynn last time. I think it was one of the new hotels at the time. Haven%26#39;t seen Planet Hollywood or Palazzo(sp?). I%26#39;ll put those two on my list. I%26#39;ve always wanted to try out the Pink Taco at the Hard Rock.





The weather looks like it will be 100 and sunny. Sounds like some pool time to me.




Haven%26#39;t been go LV in 4 years myself...but have booked a trip in September. Also staying at Mirage. Will be awaiting your trip report. I have the same questions, too.





(Since Vegas, I%26#39;ve been frequently Atlantic City and that forum. Have at least one trip planned to AC before the Vegas trip)





Have fun, and take notes.





Cate




There%26#39;s a lot of construction on the strip which takes away from it%26#39;s wow factor to me. Downtown has changed a lot for the better in 2 years especially the El Cortez.




I knew that the Mirage was redoing their volcano, but I didn%26#39;t know about lots of other construction on the strip. I went downtown about 5 years ago, so I think I%26#39;ll make a point to do it this trip. Great suggestion.





I heard LV has double decker buses now? How%26#39;s that going?




The Deuce buses are nice but they are slow to get from point A to B. It takes about 45 min. to an hour to get downtown because they stop at almost every corner it seems. It%26#39;s ok if you have the time and boy is it cheap, $5.00 all day pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment