Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Something you might want to check in the room

I just thought I would mention this to maybe save some people a little grief. You might want to check the alarm clock in the room to see it it is set to go off. I hit the button one night by accident and the alarm clock went off at 7:00 AM It was ok because I get up early anyway, but if you want to sleep in, it might be a problem. Make sure the person there before you did not set it to go off at some crazy hour!!



Something you might want to check in the room


Who%26#39;s back in their room by 7am? Isn%26#39;t this the Vegas board? Just kidding, though I have been guilting of finishing my ';night'; well after 7am a time or two.





Another tip to add: make sure the clock is set correctly AM vs. PM. It would not be good to have an early morning flight home and discover the alarm is really set for 5pm.



Something you might want to check in the room


It%26#39;s even worse if the room next to you is vacant for the whole of your stay, but its previous occupant set an early alarm (and didn%26#39;t unset it).





This happened to us in the Mirage a few years back, and for four mornings on the trot we were woken by the alarm in the neighbouring room going off for ages.





Of course you don%26#39;t realise at the time that it%26#39;s going to keep happening each morning until it actually does. After the third morning we reported it to the front desk but it still happened the 4th morning (which was our check out day).




I hear you all.. been there, done that..





I always unplug the alarm clock in the room. There aren%26#39;t enough plug-in outlets in hotel rooms, and I need that outlet for my cell phone charger anyways. I bring my own travel alarm clock, it%26#39;s small but loud enough to wake me up.




They have clocks in Vegas?




I only use my cell phone as a alarm.




An alarm clock in the room next to ours went off for three mornings in a row last October while we were at Harrah%26#39;s. I called the front desk to get security to come turn it off, and he did, but he must have just pressed snooze. After the second time it happened, a girl from the front desk called me back and said she would give me a $50 voucher for the inconvenience. When we went to get the voucher later that day, we ended up getting two $50 vouchers so the ';honking'; alarm ended up not being so bad.





We always use a cell phone for our alarm as well.




I once got woken up at 1am by an alarm clock tuned to a Spanish radio station at full blast! Once I got over my heart attack (lol) I now ALWAYS check!




When I stayed at the Venetian, my neighbors kept going off(the room was empty and it buzzed for what seemed forever!)





I noticed at some hotels they leave them unpluged..




%26#39;Yo quiero Taco-Bell%26#39; braying early morning? BRUTAL




More commonly, the maid turns on the radio while cleaning the room and hits the alarm on button by mistake?. That%26#39;s when you get the spanish music greeting at some un-godly hour.



We always check!

No comments:

Post a Comment