Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Romantic Dinner suggestions

My husband and I will be in Vegas the week of July 4th. We will be celebrating our one year anniversary (we were married in Vegas last July). We would like to have a nice, romantic dinner one night while we are there. Last year, we ate at The Mix at the top of TheHotel at Mandalay Bay. We enjoyed it, but we decided it was too high class. We didn%26#39;t feel comfortable. So, we%26#39;d like to find a nice restaurant with a romantic feel that isn%26#39;t over the top class. We would like to spend no more than 45$/pp. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Romantic Dinner suggestions

Maybe Mon Ami Gabi at Paris. You could sit out on the patio across from the Bellagio fountains. I believe this would fall into your price range. To me it would be nice to sit in the open air, in Vegas, across from the fountains, and have a nice meal with my wife. But that%26#39;s just me, and just one suggestion.

However, if you are an Ohio State fan...then I suggest the food court at Circus Circus...(being a Michigan fan, just joking around with you)

Have an excellent anniversary!

Romantic Dinner suggestions

Absolutely Mon Ami Gabi! Romantic, great food, reasonable prices.....

CONGRATULATIONS on your anniversary!


whats is the food like at Mon Ami?


I know I am in the minority but I am not a great fan of MAG. I found the food to be just o.k. and it was not my idea of great outdoor eating-with the table close together, masses of humanity walking near you and the strip traffic (and all that entails) close by. However, if you do want to try it, this will give you some idea of what is available:

http://www.usmenuguide.com/monamigabi.html


Funny this year we did the Mix on what may have been on of the most windy days in Vegas (may 4). In fact a plane went down that night. Whatever it just did not work for Mix or for us. Just a bad night all around but costly. Now Mon Am Gabi the night before was great(table 132 by the way). Crazy thing about special dinners when they work the whole night is more than wonderful but when the expectation level and the dinner fall short it has a down effect. Vegas seldom has bad nights when it comes to places to eat but when it happens you will hear it here first. After all this rambling my choice would Be Mon Am Gabi.


We wanted a mi-range place for my birthday in May and booked MAG. We were lucky enough to get a patio table within 5 mins of arriving on the Saturday of the Kentucky Derby as it was quite windy and cold.

I loved my filet mignon with Merlot butter, but hubby thought his steak Bernaise was just so-so. I also had the flourless chocolate cake which was lovely and I really enjoyed the whole meal. Check was around $100 with coffees, a beer and a wine.

Went back on the Tuesday and there was an hour%26#39;s wait for a patio table at 9.45pm so we sat inside. I had the same again, but it wasn%26#39;t as good the second time around. Hubby had the steak Bordelaise which he said was better.

I don%26#39;t know if it was sitting inside or if it was just too soon to go back, but it was definitely better the first time. We will certainly be going back again in November.


Thank you for all of your suggestions. I%26#39;m convinced, and we will try Mon Ami Gabi. We thought about going there last year for our wedding night dinner, but decided on The Mix because it was at the top of the hotel we stayed at. I%26#39;ve heard very good things about MAG, so I hope it is nice. Thanks again, and for the Michigan fan....GO BUCKS!!!


Uh-oh......WACO!! What plane went down? Was it a small plane? I just did a post yesterday about how freaked out I am when flying. (Turbulence) This is NOT what I wanted to hear 14-sleeps from my trip!! You just kinda ';slipped'; that info in....could you please elaborate a bit more on the PLANE THAT WENT DOWN????????


I like both Mix and Mon Ami Gabi. Another great view place is Voodoo Cafe. Another for outdoor dining is SW Steakhouse at the Wynn near the waterfall.


i don%26#39;t think for you are going to get away w/ $45pp at MAG, which isn%26#39;t one of my favs anyway - i know others love it. i find it just OK. IF you get a patio table the ambience may be worth it.

is $45pp++? If so, look elsewhere

  • How do you get your blankets clean
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment