Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Outside gondola right in July

My wife thinks a gondola ride will be soooo romantic (we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary next week) and I am wondering just how romantic it can be when the temp is 100 ?



Is either the indoor, or outside gondola rides worth the time, or is it just a rip-off ?



Outside gondola right in July


I did the indoor one after my wedding, the gondola guy sings to you and you kiss under every bridge for good luck.. it%26#39;s ok as long as you don%26#39;t mind being stared at!



Outside gondola right in July


Sorry but nothing could be less romantic. The heat has nothing to do with it. You are just a goldfish in a bowl with all the by standers looking on. Save the money and go have a nice romantic drink or dinner.




That sounds cool...........I don%26#39;t mind being gawked at....



We were married in Vegas twenty years ago.....stayed at Bally%26#39;s! I can%26#39;t wait to get there.




The indoor one will beat the heat for sure and is a few minutes longer...but you definitely get gawked at big time.





The outdoor one might be rather warm but at night I would think it%26#39;s the much more romantic one of the two. I didn%26#39;t find there were so many people watching when doing the outdoor gondola.




I shared a gondola with a couple who had just been married. I felt bad for them, but i guess you can pay more for a private gondola ried. I did the outside one soon after it opened. It was quiet, no line and not a lot of people watching us. very short ride, about 10 minutes.




We did the indoor ride when we celebrated our anniversary. We thought it was kind cool. That was our first trip to Vegas . . . we didn%26#39;t even notice the gawkers . . . lol




Do the indoor one. It%26#39;s much more pleasant. We did it last time and it was fun. To me, you don%26#39;t get that ';Venice'; feeling if you do the outside one because you%26#39;re in the heat and all you see is hotels everywhere. Inside, you have the nice scenery and to me, it%26#39;s more worth it and adds a nice touch to your ride.





It%26#39;s fun to do once if you%26#39;ve never done it, especially if your wife wants to do it. We really liked it... don%26#39;t know if we%26#39;d go out of our way to do it again, but it%26#39;s good to do at least once.




If you want something a little more private %26amp; romantic, there are also gondolas at Lake Las Vegas. A bit spendy %26amp; about 45 minutes from the strip, but you reserve the entire gondola for your party (complete with champagne) and your ride lasts for about an hour. I believe they have moonlight cruises, so that might be better than going during the day. Just throwing another idea your way. :)




personally, I think this is one of the cheesiest things in LV.



My opinion does not matter



Your wife wants to do it - so do it, take pleasure in her pleasure.



You know this, you%26#39;ve been married to her long enough, why ask complete strangers?


  • hand cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment