Thursday, April 19, 2012

Virgin America to start JFK-LAS Service Sept. 4

I probably should%26#39;ve added: assuming they%26#39;re still around! I%26#39;ve read good reviews of their service, so I hope they make it, actually. So far they%26#39;ve avoided much of the nickel %26amp; diming charges of the majors. It looks like a pretty good schedule, but only one roundtrip a day.



JFKLAS VX251 dep. 09:05AM arr. 11:45AM



LASJFK VX206 dep. 02:15PM arr. 10:25PM



I don%26#39;t know if they%26#39;ll give jetBlue a run for their money or not, as their product is pretty similar. This is their second destination out of Vegas, after San Francisco. Due to federal regulations, Sir Richard Branson is limited to only a 25% ownership interest in this U.S. airline.



Virgin America to start JFK-LAS Service Sept. 4


As a frequent SFO-LAS traveller via Virgin (and occasional SFO-IAD as well), I give them my ringing endorsement, and if I was still living in New York (born and raised there, now a California transplant) I%26#39;d be overjoyed that they%26#39;re offering this flight! :-D



Virgin America to start JFK-LAS Service Sept. 4


Thank you Strip...this can be another option for those of us who like Jetblue. Do they also have the monitors on each seat and extra legroom?




Well, just going by their website, their coach product looks light years ahead of most any other US carrier. The standard legroom is 32 inches, adjustible headrests, leather seats, personal entertainment systems at each seat, and you can even order and pay for your snack/meal thru the seatback entertainment system. I%26#39;m sure others who have actually flown them can give more details. I%26#39;m just an airline/Vegas geek who has yet to fly them. They%26#39;re trying to figure out a way to come to my home airport of Chicago-O%26#39;Hare in the fall.




Good spot! I was Flying from JFK to SFO; SFO - LV till I saw this. Cheers! Plus a friend of mine said these planes are very well decked out with TV%26#39;s/Music to keep you amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment