Friday, April 13, 2012

Gallagher's or Steak House @Circus Circus ?

Trying to decide between these 2 ';mid-range'; steak houses. Staying at Signature so Gallagher%26#39;s is more convenient location wise. We will be going to Hilton for Star Trek Experience so we could get to Circus Circus pretty easily from there as well. Wanting to spend about $100 for 2. Will be with teenage son so we are talking a glass of wine for me and a Coke for him. Don%26#39;t want to drop the really big bucks for Craftsteak or Prime. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.



Gallagher's or Steak House @Circus Circus ?


I guess what I really need to know is if Gallagher%26#39;s is just not good for the price. The TA reviews are pretty good except for complaints about the quality of the oysters which we won%26#39;t be having anyway. Leaving on Tuesday morning and want to make reservations. Can anyone help?



Gallagher's or Steak House @Circus Circus ?


No contest CC Steakhouse.




why only these 2?



CC is out for us - CC is truly horrible and the teakhouse is not good enough to make the trip through the dump worthwhile, food OK, not great



Steak on the strip for 2 for $100 is what you want, correct? Location doesn%26#39;t seem to be an issue, is it?




Yes, I want to spend about $100. Cocktails are not an issue. Could probably do 2 appetizers, split a steak(is that allowed?) and 2 sides. I would like the location to be either easy walking distance from MGM or near a monorail station. I am more than open to suggestions. Have looked at reviews on TA and yelp and thought that we are ';priced out'; of many of the top places.




Bridgey has finally turned into ';Galloping Gertie';.



She knows what I%26#39;m talking about.



Try The Steakhouse at CC.



You can%26#39;t go wrong, especially the Sunday brunch.



It%26#39;s been a local%26#39;s tradition for a long time.




I agree with Bridge on this one, I%26#39;m not a fan of CC steakhouse at all, it%26#39;s mediocre at best.




What about the deal at Morton%26#39;s steakhouse? 99.00 for two and you get two appetizers (crab cake, scallop or shrimp), 2 filets, share 2 sides and dessert. I have never been to the one in Las Vegas, but that sounds like an incredible deal to me. I don%26#39;t know if it is within walking distance. I believe it is about 1.2 miles from Paris where we will be staying. You could ride the monorail and walk the rest? If that is crazy or the food is terrible, I am sure someone will speak up.There is a coupon on their website to print.




Sorry to through another option at you but you should also look at Del Frisco%26#39;s. Far and away my favourite place for steaks in LV and is realtively close to the MGM.





The steaks are fantastic and the service/ atmosphere is old school steak house. As long as you don%26#39;t go for the 24oz t bone you should easily be able to hit your budget.




Yes, Del Frisco%26#39;s is excellent! Another that I feel is just as good and very similar is Hanks at Green Valley Ranch, awesome steaks.




Honestly I didn%26#39;t think the steaks at Gallagher%26#39;s was all that great, me DW and best friend went there last november for around $200 (with bottle of wine and drinks) and the steaks were just average, not much flavor involved...





can%26#39;t speak for the Steakhouse at CC as i%26#39;ve never eaten there but CC itself is quite a dump.

No comments:

Post a Comment