Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sleep in Vegas - A confession

It is an oft-repeated truism on this forum that ';nobody sleeps in Vegas';. Because we are all so excited and because there is so much to see and do, we can%26#39;t waste any precious time! Right?





Well, I have a confession to make. I sleep a ton when I%26#39;m in Vegas. I will usually either take an afternoon nap or else go to bed well before midnight. Why?





I%26#39;m on vacation. I want to relax and enjoy myself. I%26#39;m sleeping in an air-conditioned room (don%26#39;t have that at home) in a big comfy bed. This is my chance to catch up on the sleep I don%26#39;t always get at home, with no worry about when I have to get up.





Also, with the afternoon heat in the warmer months, and the increased cost of pretty much everything in Vegas at night, there are times when sleep starts to look like an attractive and economical option.





And finally, I%26#39;m just plain getting old :)





Anyone else ready to come clean, or am I the only one? :)



Sleep in Vegas - A confession


I like to sleep in Vegas too! I%26#39;m not much good after about 1am, and I wake up pretty early too, but I thouroughly enjoy going to bed! I have been known to nap in the afternoon too! And I%26#39;m not old! It%26#39;s just that I have 3 kids, so I get very little sleep at home.



Sleep in Vegas - A confession


I like to take an afternoon nap too. That way I%26#39;m rested for the evening.



I agree we are on vacation and there is no rule saying you can%26#39;t relax at times. I would rather take a nap and be well rested to enjoy the evening then to keep running around and not enjoying anything.



And, yes, I am getting old too :)




We rarely go to bed before midnight but only because we always HAVE to go to bed early because we get up so early for work and for us staying up late is part of the vacation.



BUT...we take AT LEAST one nap a day! Now that is a luxury we can not afford in or regular lives =) Plus it usually allows for a little loving time, wink, wink.





But also (sigh) I have to agree with Stratton, I am not 21 anymore!




What%26#39;s all this talk about aging? I usually function on 4 1/2 - 5 hrs. sleep a night at home and most of you know I am 69 (quite far from 21). I think for the first time, though, I am looking forward to getting a little sleep in Vegas. I do have an adrenaline rush the whole time I%26#39;m there, so it is often hard to give in to sleep, but I think this time I will give it a try.





Camille




Being from New Hampshire, I have to get up at 4:30 am every morning to go to work in Massachusettes. Then take into account the 3 hour time difference and I too am getting older. I do sleep more than I would like in Vegas. But it%26#39;s something I%26#39;ll work on before my trip in September.




Last time I was in Vegas I had a sinus infection the whole weekend, you can bet I slept then...but next week...never!






It is a good strategy, especially when the temps rise over 100, to sleep away the afternoon like a bare naked ladies song





I will admit to napping in Vegas happily





But what is this nonsense about turning in before midnight stratton? Actually, this thread is making me sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz





Ok, I%26#39;m awake for the moment, truly to each his own. I%26#39;m in Vegas for 10 nights for the MEGA and will surely have a night where I%26#39;m resting early. :)




I don%26#39;t know how to relax even while on vacation- I actually work out while in LV then I can not take naps even if I am tired due to hyperactivity so if I am awake in LV past 1100 PM then I am really livin it large.



I am also one of those early risers so if I go to bed late my body still wakes me up early then I am extra tired since I need about 6 1/2 to 7 hours of sleep a night.



I would rather get up early in LV and not have to deal with the crowds and the smokers, work out, shower and hit the strip when it is not crowded then deal with all the people on the strip mid day or in the evening.



To make things worse I am a very ,very lite sleeper, could have sworn heard music at night in my Four seasons room, my room did face ';The Hotel'; but could the music from the mix travel across the parking lot?





I must be older than all of you when I consider staying up till 11 PM late.




I%26#39;ll come clean. I sleep very well in Vegas. Could have something to do with all the LIITs....lol




I always WANT to relax in Vegas - including sleeping in - but for some reason I am always up after 3 or 4 hours of sleep....maybe it is the time change or I could swear the subliminally pipe in the sounds of ';someone else'; winning a slot jackpot! :)





I do try to nap each afternoon so that I can stay out late - those nights become way too late while we are in Vegas - but it is only a few days so I just try to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment