Sunday, April 15, 2012

Walking to the Gamblers General Store

Has anyone done this walk?







I don%26#39;t have a problem walking to the Western downtown because it really is a short walk with only 1 block between the western and the el cortez.





The only reason I question this is because its a longer walk though a unknown area. Anyone done this?



Walking to the Gamblers General Store


It%26#39;s a hike. We%26#39;ve been there a few times, but never walked the walk, having a Mustang drop top at our disposal.



It%26#39;s worth a visit though. Plenty of books, soft ware, souvenirs and doo-dads.



When you get through browsing and buying go next door to the Ice House for some libation and tell Denna, the friendly server, that the two Canadians in the Mustang sent you.



Walking to the Gamblers General Store


Yes I did it last year, got the bus there from near the Plaza bit got tired of waiting for one back to the canopy.





The walk took about 15/20 minutes in 110 degree heat, I finished both bottles of water I had with me!





I felt perfectly safe the whole way but wouldn%26#39;t recommend it!




The bus doesn%26#39;t go past the store correct? I would have to get off on Bonneville and walk the last block or 2 right?




Qoute:- The bus doesn%26#39;t go past the store correct? I would have to get off on Bonneville and walk the last block or 2 right?





Quite right, its a relatively short walk.




That doesn%26#39;t sound too bad. I think there are a couple buses that do that route so the wait shouldn%26#39;t be bad.


  • hand cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment